US-China Education Trust is currently looking for one associate level candidates.
Posted by: US-China Education Trust
Application Deadline: Open until position filled
Contract: Part-time (Option for Full-time after one year)
US-China Education Trust (USCET) is a 501(c)3 non-profit, non-partisan institution dedicated to promoting US-China relations by strengthening mutual understanding through education programs, including conferences, training workshops, exchanges, fellowship awards and nation-wide competitions in China involving American Studies and Data Journalism.
USCET seeks an enthusiastic and experienced Program Associate to join its dynamic team. This position is part-time under a 12-month contract, with the opportunity for full-time employment after successful conclusion of the contract period. The Program Associate is expected to commit for a minimum of 24 hours per week to provide programmatic support to the Program Director and President. The Program Associate is expected to work in close coordination with the Communications and Operations staff and interns.
1. Program Implementation and development: Assist in the implementation of program activities:
a. Assist in formulating program budgets and tracking expenditure of funds and administer financial transactions.
b. Assist in the monitoring of program activities and the implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation plans.
c. Field and manage consultants and speakers, including drafting consultant contracts, monitoring deliverables and expenses, and assisting in travel arrangements.
d. Travel to China with senior staff as needed.
2. Grant Writing and Reporting: Contribute to the design and development of new initiatives:
a. Conduct research to inform the development of new initiatives in US-China education and cultural exchange.
b. Write concept papers and develop grant proposals and budgets.
c. Draft reports to donors, which may include individuals, foundations, and governments.
d. Conduct other writing projects as assigned.
3. Administrative support:
a. Assist with event planning and travel logistical support related to fundraising and programs.
b. Work closely with Communication Associate on the update and maintenance of USCET contact database and distribution lists.
1. Bachelor’s Degree with 1-2 years of experience OR current graduate student.
2. Demonstrated interest in U.S.-China relationship.
3. Solid organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to multitask.
4. Demonstrated ability to work in a team and ability to carry out tasks independently.
5. Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
6. Work experience at nonprofit organizations with grants implementation and administration experience preferred.
7. Proficiency in written and oral Chinese preferred.
8. On the ground experience working or studying in China is preferred.
9. Must be US-citizen or Permanent Resident of the US
2101 K Street, NW. 2nd Floor, Washington, DC 20037
How to apply
To apply, please send resume, one page writing sample, and cover letter including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover letter should detail your interest in USCET, how your past experience relates to the above responsibilities, your available start date and salary expectations. Include your name and the title “Program Associate” in the subject line. All attachments should be labelled “First Name Last Name_Document Title” (e.g. Jane Doe_Resume). Only applicants who are selected for interviews will be notified.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.